Saturday, January 06, 2007

January 6th Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 8.1-25-"Now the parable is this: the seed is the word of God.
Genesis 12-Now there was a famine in the land; so Abram went down to Egypt to sojourn there, for the famine was severe in the land.
Psalm 6-The LORD has heard my supplication, the LORD receives my prayer.
Matthew 2.1-12-Gathering together all the chief priests and scribes of the people, he inquired of them where the Messiah was to be born.
---
We went to the grocery last night. I get paid every other week. I see this refrigerator go from full to near empty every couple of weeks. Yet as I look at it. I know that I am overly blessed. God has richly provided for my needs. Yet sometimes I still fear. How will I meet all the bills? Will I be able to continue to fill this family and meet needs? Then the parable of the soils. The seed is the word of God. What soil will I be? God provides the seed to feed me both body and soul. What soil will I be? God takes care of all my needs and feeds me all the seed needed and He feeds it by the handful. What soil will I be? When there was famine Abram went to Egypt. God fed Abram the seed he needed. You ever notice how many times God calls people out of Egypt in the journey to the Promised Land? Even the Journey to the plan of Salvation. God called Abram out of Egypt, the Israelites out of Egypt and Mary, Joseph and Jesus out of Egypt. Calls us out of a distant foreign place to feed us seed. Seed in the Word made Flesh. Seed in Jesus. Blessings by the handful. What soil will I be? Will I be the soil that bears fruit? Will I be the soil that produces in joy for God? I think that God has already heard my supplication and prayer. I think that I will be soil that is happy to produce fruit from that Seed that was born in me today and every day. That Seed of the Word made Flesh. Why would Herod wonder where this seed could be found? This Seed is found in my heart. This Seed is found in your heart. This Seed is found in the center of the Universal Catholic Church. This Seed is Jesus. What kind of soil will I be? I will be soil that lets the Seed of Life by born in me this day! Thanks be to God!
---
Lord Jesus, be born in my heart this day. ---Amen

No comments: