Friday, January 19, 2007

January 19th Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 14.25-35-He who has ears let him hear.
Genesis 26- When the men of the place asked about his wife, he said, "She is my sister," for he was afraid to say, "my wife," thinking, "the men of the place might kill me on account of Rebekah, for she is beautiful."
Psalm 19-Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.
---
A wonderful, caring, thoughtful card from Sarah's boyfriend, Eric. He was thanking us for his stay over the New Year celebration. He is a good young man. His reflection of Christ is bright. We are to reflect to our worlds the light of Christ. Sometimes this may take on danger. Jesus told his disciple the stark truth that they must take up their cross and follow him. This is devotion for the people of this day knew the danger of the cross. They knew that this would be giving their lives fully to Christ. Give my life to Christ and follow. Then the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart may be acceptable to God my Savior. God gives his Word to be proclaimed. Unlike the selfish word of Isaac declaring his wife Rebekah to be his sister to save his own skin, God gives us His Word to proclaim that is true. But like Isaac and Abraham too, I sin with His Word. Fail to proclaim or bend the Word to suit my needs. Maybe thinking that this will save my skin. But I can't save my skin. Only Jesus can save me with His cross. So back to taking up my cross, even in danger and following him. With this I give glory to God. Maybe even in a thank you card or prayer.
---
Lord, thanks for your cross---thanks for saving me---I take my cross and follow you today. ---Amen

No comments: