Thursday, January 18, 2007

January 17th Daily Word and Visions from God

January 17th Daily Word and Visions from God
Luke 13.18-35-"Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able."

Genesis 24-"The matter comes from the LORD; so we cannot speak to you bad or good."

Psalm 17-Arise, O LORD, confront him, bring him low; deliver my soul from the wicked with Your sword, from men with Your hand, O LORD, from men of the world, whose portion is in this life, and whose belly You fill with Your treasure; they are satisfied with children, and leave their abundance to their babes. As for me, I shall behold Your face in righteousness; I will be satisfied with Your likeness when I awake.

Nehemiah 8.1-3, 5-6, 8-10-Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
---
This guy is all over my house for some reason. Stephanie thinks he is just so. Not sure why. He’s wearing make-up! Anyway he must be some young girl’s dream or something. So when Sue and I go to the grocery store, we can please Stephanie with this cereal just because it has his picture on the box. I, in the same way think of Jesus like this too. But I don’t think Jesus wore make-up. Jesus is my dream. I seek his presence every day. But even more astounding to me is how Jesus seeks my presence all the time. Teaching in His Word. Many people will seek to enter heaven. They will try to do "good" things to get there. But that’s not it. It’s only through Jesus that we can enter heaven. It’s not about what I do but about what Jesus did for me. That’s what is so astounding about Jesus presence with me. He seeks me as I seek Him. When Abraham’s servant went to find a wife for Isaac the relatives of Rebekah replied to the request to take her back to Isaac in another land that this was something of God. What can be said? Likewise when Jesus seeks and finds me, I must follow. I must serve Him in His Kingdom. When I fear danger and the sword, I must trust in God to protect me and to lead me through the danger, for God is my treasure and nothing else. Treasure much better than any Pirate could ever attain. Treasure that brings joy in God. Everlasting and eternal joy. So I seek Jesus and His treasure today and He finds me and saves me as I seek Him. What a twist! So, I wonder what kind of cereal Jesus would have in the box with his picture. Instead of cookies and cream---maybe Bread and Wine.
---
Lord, as I seek you today---find me and save me. ---Amen

No comments: