Thursday, January 25, 2007

January 25the Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 19.1-27-"He has gone to be the guest of a man who is a sinner."
Genesis 32-33- Then Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him until daybreak.
Psalm 25-Make me know your ways O LORD; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your Truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all the day.
Acts 9.1-22-"...but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do."
---
This is a little wooden teddy bear gift Sarah gave me in 2002. She signed the bottom of it's feet 2002 Sidney. Sidney is a nick-name I gave her. The other foot has I (a heart) U. Around the neck is the symbol of the ELCA necklace I received as a Voting Member of the 2003 Churchwide Assembly in Milwaukee and a Luther's Seal necklace that I received from a Global Mission Gathering in Hickory NC that I colored in. This bear sits and watches me every morning. He sees my prayer time. He sees my devotion time. He sees Jesus who has gone to be the guest of a man who is a sinner, morning after morning. This bear sees me wrestle with God before daybreak each and every day. This bear is witness to a Savior that teaches me, leads me in His truth, shows me the path I am to take day after day. And finally this bear gets to see me called and sent by God to get up and enter the city trusting in God's will that He will tell me what to do as I need to know it. This bear has a good seat and is a comforting companion in my walk of faith.
---
Lord, you call me each day---I respond in trust, hope and faith. ---Amen

No comments: