Friday, January 05, 2007

January 5th Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 7.18-50-"For this reason I say to you, her sins, which are many, have been forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little."
Genesis 11-Now these are the records of the generations of Terah. Terah became the father of Abram, Nahor, and Haran; and Haran become the father of Lot.
Psalm 5-In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice; in the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.
Acts 8.14-17-Then they began laying their hands on them, and they were receiving the Holy Spirit.
---
An old three hole punch. My Dad used to use this. It was at his desk in the basement where he would reflect and plan. Some things seem to last a long time if they are well built and durable. Other things are cheap and break quickly. When I sin, Jesus forgiveness has a huge impact on those grievous sins that seem and are so bad. In my sin, I realize the depth of His forgiveness. It's like the punctuation mark at the end of the declaration of sins forgiven is so much bigger than normal. I love God for forgiveness of my sin. In forgiveness, I am renewed and given another chance to bear fruit for God. Throughout all of time, from and through all the generations of God's people, our Lord has been forgiving sin. Driving all people to turn to God morning after morning to rise anew each day in their baptism. Forgiven and eager to watch, and listen, and pray for God's voice and direction in life. Day after day...receiving the Holy Spirit and being sent into each new day to bear fruit once again to the glory of God. A new day. A new beginning. Send me today once again.
---
Lord, send me this day with your Spirit to play in your Kingdom with you and others and to bear fruit for you. ---Amen

No comments: