Tuesday, January 09, 2007

January 9th Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 9.28-62-"Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?" But He turned and rebuked them, [and said, "You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them."]
Genesis 16-Then the angel of the LORD said to her...
Psalm 9-I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders.
Psalm 106.1-12-Then they believed His words' They sang His praise.
---
The Glory of Steel, First of a series by Edwin Fulwider, for the Ohio Steel Foundry Company. This is a picture the my Dad left for me. It reminds me of my days of work at the Blast Furnace at Armco Steel in the mid 70's. Fire, smoke and heat all combined, not to consume but to create steel. Jesus came not to destroy or consume but to save and be consumed. He came to save us. And we consume his Word day by day, listening and following his way. Sometimes through angels which may come to us in others and our surroundings. Like the angel speaking to Hagar and giving her reassurance and direction. I must listen to the voice of Jesus and obey and follow. In His pathway of Life I will give thanks with all my heart and tell of His wonders and sing praises to Him. Fire the creates rather than consumes. Jesus my Lord and Savior takes me through the fire and creates something new. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, create me new day after day to serve you in your kingdom. ---Amen

No comments: