Wednesday, January 24, 2007

January 24th Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 18.18-43-"Receive you sight; your faith has made you well."
Genesis 31-Then Laban departed and returned to his place.
Psalm 24-Lift up you heads, O gates, and be lifted up, O ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in! Who is the King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
Jeremiah .4-10-"Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you," declares the LORD.
---
An old handsaw. Most people use power saws anymore. But there are still times when the ol handsaw is still called for and the only thing to do the job. Jesus was approaching the city and a blind man was yelling. Jesus healed the blind man. But the blind man did have sight. He had sight others didn't have. The blind man recognized Jesus as the Messiah and placed all his faith in Him. His faith makes him well. The old fashioned way. Through faith in Jesus the blind man showed all those with sight who the Messiah was. They need to receive sight also in this way. Just like the blind man. Sight that show that the selfish nature of Laban will never protect and save yourself. I must not be selfish, but giving and loving as Jesus has showed. Even giving my life to Him for Him to use. So when Laban departs, that selfish nature, be joyous, for the saw has cut off the part not needed in my walk of faith. I must use the saw to cut off my selfish nature that the King of Glory may come in. That Jesus may inhabit my being and lead and guide me in a life devoted to His will and way. Because it is in God's way that I will be delivered, not my selfish methods. So that ol saw comes into use once again. May God cut the selfish nature from my life, that the King of Glory may come in to save and lead me now and forever.
---
Lord, forgive my selfish nature and come in. ---Amen

No comments: