Monday, January 15, 2007

January 15th Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 12.32-59-"You hypocrites! You know how to analyze the appearance of the earth and the sky, but why do you not analyze the present time?"
Genesis 22-Then Abraham raised his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him a ram caught in the thicket by his horns; and Abraham went and took the ram and offered him up for a burnt offering in the place of his son.
Psalm 15-O LORD, who may abide in Your tent? Who may dwell on Your holy hill?
Romans 12.9-21-Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor; not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer, contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality.
---
Boy! What a rainy weekend. A couple of weeks ago the float on my sump-pump got stuck and the basement floor got wet. We caught it in time. I was thinking as I lay in be last night about how I really needed this sump pump to work this weekend. How this pump was called to duty at all hours of the day and night. Then I read how Jesus tells us that we are able to see the signs of the weather and make preparations but do we prepare for his coming? Do I prepare for the coming of God's Kingdom? I like to think that I do, but do I really? How serious do I take it? I think God wants us to take His coming and even present Kingdom as a priority in life. To see the gift of the ram caught in the thicket by its horns. To realize that a sacrifice was given and is present for me and my sin. Not just some story. But real and personal and just for me and for you. A Kingdom here and now and to be fulfilled. A Kingdom that will permit us to dwell with God forever. Not just a story of some time ago. But my story today. And what about this Kingdom here and now. The people in His Kingdom here and now. God instructs me to take action. To be diligent. To serve. To pray. To love. To honor. To contribute. To give honor to others and to practice hospitality. This Kingdom business---this preparation stuff---this Savior as my sacrifice is here and now and real to me personally and just as real to you too!
---
Lord, I see the preparations You make for me---may I prepare for You and serve in Your Kingdom---any time day or night whenever you need me. ---Amen

No comments: