Monday, December 01, 2008

December 1st - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Prepare

Readings of the Day
Galatians 5.1-15-For the whole law is summed up in a single commandment, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Lamentations 5-Restore us to yourself, O LORD, that we may be restored; renew our days as of old--- unless you have utterly rejected us, and are angry with us beyond measure.
Psalm 147-He heals the brokenhearted, and binds up their wounds.
Revelation 15.1-8-For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your judgments have been revealed.

God's Word of the Day
I am holy! I come to you to restore you. Love Me and one another.

Story of the Day
I rode my horse into this small town. A town that couldn't be any larger than a couple hundred people. It was a typical town with a general store, blacksmith, sheriff, and the saloon. I tied my horse next to the water troth and decided to go into the saloon. In the saloon, you could always get the character of the town. This is where people gathered. They gathered at all times of the day. You could talk business or even a little trade. You could spend the night if needed. It was a place to look for job opportunities. It was a place to restore yourself or even prepare yourself for upcoming days. The local saloon was the daily place of activity. Sure, it was also occasionally a place of controversy. Maybe even a drunken fight or two, but these were the exception. For the most part the local saloon was a place where people came together during the week. But once a week the place to gather was at the town church. We would gather together in likeness and difference and praise and worship God. I rode my horse into this small town. I lived my life daily. I lived in preparation, restoration and worship to love my God and learn to love my neighbor in daily living. I rode my horse into this small town and found life.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, as we prepare ourselves to meet You; as we come to worship You; as we offer praise to You; as we love You; we find You right here in our midst. You rode into our lives in love. You rode into our lives to right the wrong. You rode into our world, in our daily living, to walk each step by our side. Thanks! Thanks for coming. Now we prepare for Your coming into our hearts. We prepare for You by loving one another. Daily, in love, we live for You. ---Amen

No comments: