Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 11th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Patience

Readings of the Day
Genesis 24:52-26:16-Let me eat some of that red stuff, for I am famished!
Matthew 8:18-34-And they went and woke him up saying, "Lord, save us! We are perishing!"
Psalm 10:1-15-But you do see! Indeed you note trouble and grief, that you may take it into your hands...
Proverbs 3:7-8-Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.
Mark 1:4-11-And just as he was coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens torn apart and the Spirit descending like a dove on him.

God's Word of the Day
Wait on My answer.

Story of the Day
I had taken the snap from the center and back pedaled into the pocket. I focused on the receivers one at a time, going through each one looking for who was open. I could see my line of blockers beginning to collapse before my eyes. I could see, hear, and sense the linebacker crashing in towards me. I knew that I was going to be hit. I knew the this was going to hurt, but I waited. I waited for the receiver to get open and then threw the ball. As soon as the ball left my fingertips, I felt the pain. The linebacker had arrived in full force. I crashed to the ground under the weight and force of the linebacker. My head cracked against the turf and my shoulders took the brunt of the force. I felt the pain. Then I rolled over to see what had happened to the pass. It was complete! The receiver caught the ball and ran in for a touchdown. The wait was worth it. I knew he would come open if only I would wait. I knew there would be pain in the wait. But now I was reveling in the joy.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I confess my impatience. I confess that many times I don't think there will be healing. I confess that sometimes I can't wait on the forgiveness. I seem to want it all right now. I seem to want it now as if I'm a customer. Forgive me and teach me the wait. For in the wait I meet a Savior in the boat who comes to calm the sea and the storm. In the wait I meet a Savior who invites me to eat with Him, to follow Him and to be His disciple. In the wait You come and show me my place in Your Kingdom. In the wait I meet a Savior who permits me to touch His cloak and feel the healing power. In the wait I am greeted by a risen Savior. In the wait I learn the love only You can give. Lord, I give You thanks for the wait, for it is well worth it. ---Amen

No comments: