Saturday, January 31, 2009

January 30th-31st - Let's Play!

Theme
Wait and watch

Readings
Exodus 10:1-13-16-The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you live...
Matthew 20:1-21:22-Look, your king is coming to you, humble, and mounted on a donkey.
Psalm 25:1-22-My eyes are ever toward the LORD, for he will pluck my feet out of the net.
Proverbs 6:6-15-How long will you lie there, O lazybones? When will you rise from your sleep?

God's Word
Watch me and see and listen to My Word.

Story
As we were waiting and listening for some direction from the light, we could see the enemy across the river. They were waiting anxious to defeat us. Then we heard a noise behind us. It was another rank of the enemy approaching the path towards us from behind. We were trapped! And then we saw a light move from behind the enemy across the river. It rose almost like the sun rises on the horizon. The light traveled right through the enemy across the river, it lit up the river like a lens in a glass and made the river glow a beautiful green. The light continued to move towards us and set on one of the women of our group. The light lit up her face. Her beauty was magnificent. Then even as her face kept it's glow, appearing next to her we saw a man. The man had a glow to him. He was seated on a donkey. His clothes were ragged. You could tell that riches were not his priority. But there was something special about this man. He was humble yet royal, all wrapped up into one. We knew that he was the one to lead us. We knew somehow that this was the light incarnate. Then he spoke...

Prayer
Lord, I can get myself into some pickles sometimes. I need You to save me. I can't save myself. My efforts, without You, only make matters worth. Come to me today. Walk with me. Lead me and guide me and speak to me that I may follow in Your will and Your way. ---Amen

No comments: