Monday, January 12, 2009

January 12th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Healing

Readings of the Day
Genesis 26:17-27:46-Have you only one blessing, father?
Matthew 9:1-17-Stand up, take your bed and go to your home.
Psalm 10:16-18-O LORD, you will hear the desire of the meek; you will strengthen their heart...
Proverbs 3:9-10-Honor the LORD with you substance and with the first fruits of all your produce...
Romans 4:1-12-Blessed are those whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered...

God's Word of the Day
I bring you healing of body and spirit.

Story of the Day
The shavings fell from the wood so easily. The wood smith made woodworking look so easy. The wood smith knew the vital need for all of his tools to be very sharp. His tools were sharp, so as he formed the wood the wood was either cut to the correct size and shape or the unwanted shavings of wood fell off easily. As the wood smith worked, you could see his project taking shape. The project didn't just appear out of thin air. There were steps to the project. Then the dry fit of the project. Next was the glue up and assembly and finally the finishing of the wood. As he finished his wood, it seemed the grains leaped out to life. What once was dead wood, now seemed to spring forth in a new life of it's own. The shavings fell from the wood so easily.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, take my life and shape it, form it, cut it where it needs trimming. Dry fit Your will and way into my being and spirit. Assemble me into what You desire me to be. Let me feel the pain of shaving work and the cutting. Then bring me to life and let Your creation shine through me as You finish the work in me You have set out to do. ---Amen

No comments: