Thursday, January 29, 2009

January 29th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Preparation

Readings of the Day
Exodus 8:1-9:35-But this is why I have let you live: to show you my power, and to make my name resound through all the earth.
Matthew 19:13-30-If you wish to be perfect, go, sell your possessions, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me.
Psalm 24:1-10-Lift up your heads, O gates! and be lifted up, O ancient doors! that the King of glory may come in.
Proverbs 6:1-5-...go, hurry, and plead with your neighbor.
Deuteronomy 3:23-29-Let me cross over to see the good land beyond the Jordan...

God's Word of the Day
Don't think you deserve it. I freely give it to you. Now go in peace and joy and serve.

Story of the Day
We had picked up so much strength, that we were now confident in the journey. We came to an opening in the woods and could see a large river that we needed to cross once again. But beyond that river were that band of ruffians, only in greater number. We would have to get past them to arrive at the source of the light. Some in the group weren't as confident that the light would save us, like in the past. A few were ready and hopeful and prepared for the battle, knowing that the presence of the light would bring us through it all. We needed to pause and prepare ourselves and make sure we were of one mind and heart on this. Or did we? A few broke off from the group and went back into the woods. We never saw them again. The remainder of us; paused to worship the light and to listen for the call to cross the stream and enter the battle. The warmth of the love of the light had prepared us.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, prepare me. In this walk, prepare me, gift me, show me the way. As I listen for Your leading voice, I prepare to respond in hope and joy and courage to Your call. ---Amen

No comments: