Monday, January 05, 2009

January 5th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Recovery

Readings of the Day
Genesis 11:1-13:4-And Abram journeyed on by stages toward the Negeb.
Matthew 5:1-26-In the same way, let you light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.
Psalm 5:1-12-But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy.
Proverbs 1:24-28-Then they will call upon me...
Luke 6:27-31-Do to others as you would have them do to you.

God's Word of the Day
It's time to start your journey. Go and I will be with you.

Story of the Day
This trail seemed to go on and on. At times I was sure we had gone in circles. I was walking the Appalachian Trail. You can't do it all at once. You have to progress in stages. Sometimes you were on the mountain top and it seemed you could see forever. Other times you were deep down by the creek and all you could see were the trees above. The journey up was tough and tiring. The times when you went downhill, you could feel it in your knees. It was all so rewarding, yet at the same time all so painfully slow. There were good times and bad, hot and cold, light and dark. This trail seemed to go on and on.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, sometimes the struggle of life seems to go on and on. I think the struggle is eternal. I'm not sure of my direction. I'm not sure of my purpose. I turn to You, for direction. I turn to You, for purpose. I turn to talk to You, and You're by my side. Walk with me this day and show me Your will and Your way that I may please You. ---Amen

No comments: