Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

Just an update on the format: Every 6 months I like to change things up a little. Usually in January I change the version of the Bible I am using for my studies. I'm not sure if you are aware, but it you have been reading along the passages each day through 2007, congratulations! You have just read the entire Bible and a little more. All of the readings take you through the Bible, then the last reading usually followed the theme of the church year (that was the little extra I mentioned). I have been using the same reading plan for years now.

Well, this year I have decided to change the plan and use a different reading plan. I found this plan on the net and it comes from the One Year Bible --- you may have seen these Bibles sold in the stores that are set up according to the reading plan. So this will be the change I am introducing for January.

I will continue to use the same format of Theme of the Day and then telling Stories related to the Readings and the Theme and the Word I picked up along the way as I reflected. Then in June I will introduce another change in format. This tends to help me keep from getting stale and deepens my spiritual relationship. I hope this all does the same for you too. Listen for God's Word each day and be joyful that we live in His Kingdom daily.

And feel free to send comments as you are led to.

Bill

No comments: