Saturday, January 03, 2009

January 3rd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Surprise

Readings of the Day
Genesis 5:1-7:24-Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him...And of every living thing, of all flesh, you shall bring two of every kind into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female. Of the birds according to their kinds, and of the animals according to their kinds, of every creeping thing of the ground according to its kind, two of every kind shall come in to you, to keep them alive.
Matthew 3:7-4:11-And when Jesus had been baptized, just as he came up from the water, suddenly the heavens were opened to him and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, the Beloved, with whom I am will pleased."
Psalm 3:1-8-Deliver me, O my God!
Proverbs 1:10-19-My child, if sinners entice you, do not consent.
James 4:1-10-Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.

God's Word of the Day
Resist the devil and check Me out. Come near, for I have come to you to save you.

Story of the Day
You couldn't help but to check this guy out. Right there in the middle of nowhere, he was building this huge boat. So, my buddies and I came by every day to check it out. We would watch his peculiar actions and wonder what he was trying to accomplish. Walking beside me to watch the show were deer, bear, cattle, sheep, all kinds of birds and a few alligators too, although I'm not sure how they got here anyway. But I had an advantage. With a neck as long as mine and my long legs, I always could get a really good view of this building fiasco taking place.

Then one day he finally finished. So, there it was, a big boat in the middle of nowhere with no hope of ever floating, because there wasn't a sign of water anywhere near this place. This guy must have been some kind of nut! But he sure acted like he was called on a mission of some sort. He worked with all his heart on this thing. Then one day as I drew near, he motioned for me to come on over. So I wandered over. He had me come onto the boat. Well, I couldn't help but go! I'd been watching this spectacle for days now and really wanted to see what it was like on the inside. So, inside I went. All kinds of buddies of mine were in there. All those guys that had been coming to check it out day after day were in there. It was strange though. There was only two of each kind, a male and a female. Except for a few special animals. I'm not sure what made them so special.

Then I looked up! Wow! I couldn't believe my eyes! There she was! She had the most beautiful neck in this world! And legs that went all the way up! All her spots were just in the right places! And those little horns on her head were like a crown of jewels! So I eased my way up to her side. I think she like me! Then the door closed and it began to rain like you never saw rain before! The boat began to float! This guy had come into my life, built this big ol boat and hooked me up with the sexist female in the world and saved my life! I think I found heaven!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, my Savior, You came out of those waters of baptism and saved me. You came to me as I was drawing near to check you out. You came and gifted me with gifts and talents and love to call me to action in Your Kingdom. Surely I will praise and honor and serve You all my life into eternity. ---Amen

No comments: