Thursday, January 15, 2009

January 15th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Plan

Readings of the Day
Genesis 31:17-32:12-Jacob went on his way and the angels of God met with him...
Matthew 10:24-11:6-Everyone therefore who acknowledges me before others, I also will acknowledge before my Father in heaven; but whoever denies me before others, I also will deny before my Father in heaven.
Psalm 13.1-6-I will sing to the LORD, because he has dealt bountifully with me.
Proverbs 3:16-18-She is a tree of life to those who lay hold of her...
Judges 2:6-15-Then the Israelites did what was evil in the sight of the LORD and worshiped the Baals; and they abandoned the LORD...

God's Word of the Day
My plan includes you, do not abandon me.

Story of the Day
We cleaned up camp and packed up and left to further our journey towards our vision. As we travelled along we came to a plain. This was a wide open plain that was spacious and several miles long. The journey now was easy. But you could see along the horizon a huge row of trees. You could also see a great light beyond the trees. This was a light that was one of those welcoming, attracting lights. For some reason this light gave us the feeling that it would complete the vision we had in mind. We felt that if we reached the other side of these trees we would be at our final destination. As we approached the row of trees, they became large and more ominous than what we had imagined. This journey was not going to be easy. Then in front of the trees was a huge body of water that was rapidly flowing. We would have to forge this stream in order to even get to the entrance to the row of trees. So we set out a plan of how to cross this water. Surely each one of us would go under the water at one point or another. Then we would be pulled to safety by a line that connected one side to the other. There was one who went ahead, first, he went under, but by the grace of God he was permitted to cross. Then one by one he pulled each one of us through the same water bidding us God's grace at the beginning of our journey to cross. We all made it across. We all were united as one in this water that we easily could have drowned in, but instead had now brought us new life. But our journey was only beginning. We had a long way to go. But that light was shining brightly and would lead us along the way.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I give You thanks that in the waters of baptism, you gave me new life. Your brought me up from death to life in You. As I go out this day into Your Kingdom, lead me, teach me, guide me, use me. For You are my God and Savior of whom I proudly boast to all I meet this day. I sing Your praises and tell all of Your bounteous blessings. ---Amen

No comments: