Wednesday, January 21, 2009

January 21st - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Strength

Readings of the Day
Genesis 42:18-43:34-So he went into a private room and wept there.
Matthew 13:47-14:12-His disciples came and took the body and buried it; then they went and told Jesus.
Psalm 18:16-36-By you I can crush a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall.
Proverbs 4:7-10-Hear, my child, and accept my words...
Psalm 86-...give me an undivided heart to revere your name.

God's Word of the Day
Your strength is in me...stop...listen to My Voice and Word.

Story of the Day
After several days both animals grew in strength. Finally we felt confident that they could support themselves once again in the wild. We released them one by one giving each a chance to go their separate ways to reunite with their world. We gave them new life to live. New life with new pitfalls. New life with new victories and new defeats but new life once again. So on we went on our journey into the thick of the trees. The light beyond the trees at times would grow dim and sometimes we felt as if we had lost it. But then it would begin to glow again, sometimes bright and other times not. But we kept our focus on that light and continued our journey.

Then it happened so quickly. I slipped and fell. My leg was injured. As I strained to continue the pain became more intense. I had to stop and rest along the way. I needed time to heal. Did I stop the team on the journey? Did I slow the crowd down? Should I just let them leave me? All questions we had to deal with. All questions unanswered. I was the cause of this pause towards the light. I made it happen. Now what?...

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I fall and sin. I get hurt and hurt others. Forgive my sin. Reach out and touch me. Heal me and wait for me as I recover. Lift me up. I depend on Your strength. I depend on Your love. I depend on You. Without You I am lost. Without You I am left behind to die. Save me, I pray. Build up my strength and renew me for a new day. A day that I will lead towards the light. A day that I may reach out and pull up the distressed. A day that Your strength in me will bring others to the light. Lord, I turn to You this day and reach out. Reach out to me, I pray. ---Amen

No comments: