Sunday, January 25, 2009

January 23rd-25th - Let's Play!

Theme
Time

Readings
Genesis 46:1-Exodus 2:10-Gather around, that I may tell you what will happen to you in days to come.
Matthew 15:1-17:9-And he was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became dazzling white.
Psalm 19:1-21:13-In the heavens he has set a tent for the sun, which comes out like a bridegroom from his wedding canopy, and like a strong man runs its course with joy.
Proverbs 4:14-5:6-Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you.

God's Word
I have given you a gift of time. Look beyond time, yet live to the fullest in time, for I am with you always.

Story
I slowly began to heal with the presence of those who had stayed with me and the warmth of the light that shone in and through them. At some point I had been given enough strength to carry on with our journey in the midst of the trees. As we looked always forward towards the light that shone on the other side of these trees we picked up and moved forward. Along the way we would reach some mountain top sites where the light would shine so full and bright, it was as if we had arrived at it's source. However we soon learned that this was only a stop along the way. We would feel recharged by the light, yet we knew we had to return to the valley to proceed towards the real source of the light. This warmth and recharging allowed us the strength to continue on. Along the way, someone would get hurt now and then. We would all stop together and let the light and warmth of it's love do the healing, one for another. Occasionally we would come across someone from one of the split off groups that had been left behind as they had left myself and those I was with behind, warmly we would welcome them and enfold them into the love and warmth and care of the light that shone through us. So on our journey towards the light went. Always facing forward, always looking at the present as a gift, and always seeing the source of the light as our life and our way.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, let me bring into my arms those who others abandon. Let Your Light and the warmth of Your Love radiate through me to give them comfort in the knowing of Your grace. Walk with me in this journey and use me in the present as I follow You in Your Kingdom, today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: