Friday, January 02, 2009

January 2nd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Return


Readings of the Day
Genesis 3:1-4:26-At that time people began to invoke the name of the LORD.
Matthew 2:13-3:6-There he made his home in a town called Nazareth...
Psalm 2:1-12-You are my son; today I have begotten you.
Proverbs 1:7-9-The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge...

God's Word of the Day
I am with you in your home town.

Story of the Day
As we travelled home that day; I was amazed at all of the people I saw along the way. Travelers like myself, whom I would touch the lives of for just a brief moment or two. These were paths of life that would cross and maybe never cross again. Yet we all had something in common. We all were travelers going from one place to another and we all we connected to the same family. In one way or another we were connected at the simple level of being travelers and at the deepest level of being family. We were connected at even a deeper level in that we all were created by one God. We all were saved by one God. We all were connected in spirit. Yet we also had differences. Some walked with God and others ran from God. Some were of good heart and some were of evil heart. Connected yet separated. As we travelled home that day; I was amazed at all of the people I saw along the way. Yet when I reached home; I was greeted by the love of my Savior. Then I realized; that away, at home or while travelling, that my Savior had gone along with me for the trip.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, as I leave this morning, as I travel, as I come home, as I move about and through the crowd; let me see Your presence. Let me know You are there. May I see you in the eyes and the face of others. May I walk by Your side all day long and recognize Your face in the crowd. For You are with me. You are with me physically, you are with me in spirit, you are with me always. May me path of life cross Yours and join in following You, today, tomorrow and forever. Thanks! ---Amen

No comments: