Monday, January 26, 2009

January 26th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Reconcile

Readings of the Day
Exodus 2:11-3:22-He looked this way and that, and seeing no one he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand.
Matthew 17:10-27-The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into human hands, and they will kill him, and on the third day he will be raised.
Psalm 22:1-18-I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint; my heart is like wax; it is melted within my breast; my mouth is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to my jaws; you lay me in the dust of death.
Proverbs 5:7-14-...at the end of your life you will groan, when your flesh and body are consumed...
1 Corinthians 7:17-24-In whatever condition you were called, brothers and sisters, there remain with God.

God's Word of the Day
I have called you from where you are and because of who you are. Leave the familiar path. Leave your nets behind and follow me reaching out to those I give to you.

Story of the Day
We came to a tricky point in the pathway through the wilderness. There were a number of paths that led forward in different directions. None of them seemed to head directly towards the light but all of them headed in the general direction of the light. Perhaps all of the paths led to the light? Perhaps not though. We just couldn't tell. So we stopped. We stopped and something fantastic took place. We saw a burning bush down one path. But the path appeared to be treacherous. I was still walking with a limp and wasn't sure that I could navigate the path with this burning bush. It was as if this bush were calling us towards it. So miraculously, I was able to make my way along to the bush. We stopped at the bush and watched in silence. Then a voice came from the bush. This was the path we were to take. This path would lead us to the light. We were told that the journey would bring more pain and suffering. We were also told that we would find infinite joy in meeting the light. The light of this bush would be all we would need. So continue to follow the light as best we could along the this path. We were called to this path as we were, injured and sinful, but deeply loved by the light that was drawing us in. So, obediently we left our familiar paths and began down this new and much more treacherous path, always facing the light and following in trust and hope.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, when I'm down and out. When I'm at my lowest, You burn so brightly. You clarify the path I am to take. You lead me on in this journey of life in Your Kingdom. I will go in obedient trust and hope and work for You in Your Kingdom, today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: