Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January 28th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Steady

Readings of the Day
Exodus 5:22-7:25-Let my people go, so that they may worship me in the wilderness.
Matthew 18:21-19:12-Should you not have had mercy on your fellow slave, as I had mercy on you?
Psalm 23:1-6-He leads me in right paths for his name's sake.
Proverbs 5:22-23-They die for lack of discipline, and because of their great folly they are lost.
Mark 3:13-19a-He went up on the mountain and called to him those whom he wanted, and they came to him.

God's Word of the Day
I am with you, on the mountain, in the calling, in the wilderness, through the pain, in the joy...I am with you.

Story of the Day
As the band of the disciples of the light continued on in the journey through the woods and towards the vision of the light; we became fond of one another. We knew how to take care of each other. We knew how to love one another in that unique way each of us needed love. We had a blast while walking the path. As we continued it seemed as if we got closer and closer to each other. Others we picked up along the path could easily be welcomed into the group and became just as one who had been on the journey from the beginning. That mountain top experience, the calling of the light, the battle and the victory won by the light, so inspired our trip through the trees that life became fun. However, we knew of a looming darkness and battle ahead. Looming right before we would reach the light. We could see it approaching now. It was on the horizon. There would be decisions to be made and lives to give. On the horizon. But for now, we picked up strength and good will towards one another.

Prayer of the Day
Maintain my vision of the Light of Christ. I feed on the Word made flesh. I stop and listen. I build strength for the battle. I always look to follow the feet of the One given. Lead me Lord Jesus! ---Amen

No comments: