Thursday, January 22, 2009

January 22nd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Details

Readings of the Day
Genesis 44:1-45:28-So it was not you who sent me here, but God...
Matthew 14:13-36-And all ate and were filled; and they took up what was left over of the broken pieces, twelve baskets full.
Psalm 18:37-50-The LORD lives! Blessed be my rock, and exalted be the God of my salvation...
Proverbs 4:11-13-Keep hold of instruction; do not let go...
Jeremiah 19:1-15-I am now bringing upon this city and upon all its towns all the disaster that I have pronounced against it, because they have stiffened their necks, refusing to hear my words.

God's Word of the Day
See the example I have given and follow in His way and Light.

Story of the Day
As I lay wounded and unable to move, the people with me began to debate. Would they go on or would they stay? In the end there was division in the group. Some felt that I should be left to fend for myself and catch up on my own. They felt that since this was my own doing they shouldn't have to be held back and inconvenienced. Others felt that I should be treated as we treated the animals. That I should be nursed till well, then the party move on ahead of me as I gained momentum and then catch up on my own. But still others felt that the party should carry me forward with them and heal me along the way. In the end, the party divided. Some went on ahead without me and the other party paused to apply first aid and then go slowly by my side as we moved forward towards the light. I felt the presence and warmth of the light in their healing touches as they applied bandages and support for my wound. I felt the passion of love in this sacrifice they were making. Yet I missed those who decided to move out without us. The journey would surely continue, but the love of these that stayed with me, even when it was my fault, deepened our care and love for one another. Surely we would all now bond in the light to help and support one another throughout the rest of the journey. I suppose the other group would continue to split as hard times fell on them always walking away from one who had fallen. I was glad to be with the group I was with!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I give You thanks for those who stop with me in my sin and care for me and nurture me back to health in You. I give You thanks for working Your saving passion and love through people. Use me likewise to stop, this day when I see the wounded and in love reach out to help them return to fully serve You by my side day by day. ---Amen

No comments: