Monday, January 19, 2009

January 18th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Return

Readings of the Day
Genesis 39:1-41:16-Then Pharaoh sent for Joseph, and he was hurriedly brought out of the dungeon.
Matthew 12:46-13:23-But blessed are your eyes, for they see, and your ears, for they hear.
Psalm 17:1-15-My steps have held fast to your paths; my feet have not slipped.
Proverbs 3:33-35-...but to the humble he shows favor.
2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1-I live in them and walk among them, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

God's Word of the Day
Return to me and see that I have been by your side all along.

Story of the Day
We saw a small pathway that lead into the dark of the woods. This was a frightening place to be. There were strange sounds of fierce animals all around us. The pathway was treacherous, with rocks, and mud and sharp inclines and declines. You footing had to be sure. As we walked along it seemed that we had to concentrate on our feet. Each step was a task in itself. But as we concentrated on our feet we noticed that we would lose track of the light. Then we found it easier to watch the feet of the leader, who was following the light. This way we had the light in vision along with the path that we were to take. With the light leading the way of the path we could see the correct steps to take and the mistakes that could be corrected along the way. We supported one another in this way. We could give feedback to the lead person to correct his walk and we each grew in the light as we walked the path.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, when it's my turn to lead, make me open to the guidance of those that can see the mistakes I make in the light of your grace. Open my ears to listen and to see and hear Your voice in and through them. Feed me with Your Word and Your Voice and the vision of Your Light day in and day out that this journey may be the journey You wish me to take, today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: