Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January 14th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Hang in there

Readings of the Day
Genesis 30:1-31:16-You know that I have served your father with all my strength; yet your father has cheated me and changed my wages ten times, but God did not permit him to harm me.
Matthew 10:1-23-You received without payment; give without payment.
Psalm 12:1-8-You, O LORD, will protect us...
Proverbs 3:13-15-Happy are those who find wisdom, and those who get understanding...
Psalm 69:1-5, 30-36-O God, you know my folly; the wrongs I have done are not hidden from you.

God's Word of the Day
I know how you are. I have graciously saved you. Now go and find wisdom and understanding in what I have done for you and give freely.

Story of the Day
It was a long and hard journey. The both of us were tired and hungry and wet and cold. We had just traveled ten miles this day. Traveled through snow and heavy brush over a mountainous terrain. But it was time to set up camp. We located the wood and built the fire. Along the way we were able to catch a couple of squirrels for food this evening. By the fire we skinned the meat and prepared our evening food. It was a relief to stop and rest and recharge. Our journey was taking us west. We were moving west to a promised land of wide open spaces and prospects of gold. We were travelling towards a common vision. A vision that would surely lead us out of this hard life to a new life and a new promise. It was a long and hard journey. Along the way we made many mistakes. But we had this vision...

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You have given us the vision. The road will be long and hard. We will stumble and fall at times. But keep that vision of wisdom and understanding and Your gracious salvation clear in our sites as we walk this path, in Your Kingdom. You have freely given life so that we may in turn freely give life to You and those You send to us. Protect us along the way and lead us to You. ---Amen

No comments: