Tuesday, January 06, 2009

January 6th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Shocking

Readings of the Day
Genesis 13:5-15:21-On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram...
Matthew 5:27-48-But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in heaven...
Psalm 6:1-10-The LORD has heard my supplication; the LORD accepts my prayer.
Proverbs 1:29-33-...but those who listen to me will be secure...
Matthew 2:1-12-God and search diligently for the child...

God's Word of the Day
I have turned it all around and shown you My grace.

Story of the Day
We were told to share the candy bar. How could we share the candy bar? Who would decide who got what? Who got to divide the candy bar? As some point we had to reach an agreement. One of us would divide the candy bar. The other person would choose which piece was his. So I divided the candy bar, and he took the smaller of the two pieces. I was happy because this made him happy. Neither one of us seemed to care who got the most anymore. So I took a bite of my half and gave him the rest of mine. He took a bite of his half and gave me the rest of his. We were both happy in the giving.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You have turned it all around. When given a chance to choose, You choose the chance to give. Teach me how to pray and to give to my enemies. Teach me Your love and grace that I may choose the chance to give and give freely and lovingly and openly and willingly. ---Amen

No comments: