Sunday, January 04, 2009

January 4th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Relapse

Readings of the Day
Genesis 8:1-10:32-He drank some of the wine and became drunk...
Matthew 4:12-25-From that time Jesus began to proclaim, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near."
Psalm 4:1-8-Offer right sacrifices, and put your trust in the LORD.
Proverbs 1:20-23-Give heed to my reproof; I will pour out my thoughts to you; I will make my words known to you.
John 1:1-18-And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of a father's only son, full of grace and truth.

God's Word of the Day
I know of your sin. I have placed my Word with you. Now pour out your thoughts to me and repent. For the Word is now flesh and living with you.
Story of the Day
So we floated about for days. We floated and the inside of this boat really began to stink. We had to deal with many personal issues as you can imagine. I probably didn't look all that good to that female this guy put with me on the boat, but what could I do. I did the best I could at remaining attractive. It amazed me how she never became unattractive to me. In fact, the longer it went, the more attractive to me she became. The rain finally stopped. Then this guy sets a bird loose. Where's the bird supposed to go? It flies around a little. I think he just flew to the top of the boat and sat around a while, then flew back to the guy who built the boat. A few days later, the guy sets the bird loose again. This time the bird must have found a tree to hang out on. But he brings back a couple of leaves to make the guy happy. Then a few days later the guy puts out the bird and the bird never comes back. I figured the bird must have been hurt and drowned or something.

It wasn't too long after that when the guy decides that it's OK to get out. He sets us all loose and tells us to be fruitful and multiply. Just the words and the command I was hoping to hear! A funny way to put it though! So I went out with the sexiest female on the boat and multiplied. Now that I think about it, I guess she was the only one on the boat I would multiply with anyway. But multiply we did!

The whole thing was amazing. This guy saved me and gifted me and sent me out with a purpose in life. I was so happy for what he did for me that I sure multiplied with all my heart. Just look around today at all the kids and the kids kids, and how all of my friends that day went out and did the same. This kingdom is a celebration of life. All because of some direction this guy took from our Creator! Wow!

Yours truly,



Prayer of the Day
Lord, I turn to You and face You with the gifts and talents You have graciously given me. You have gifted me and called me and sent me into Your Kingdom to do Your will. I joyfully go this day, today, tomorrow and into eternity to serve You in Your Kingdom. Daily Lord I turn to You and seek forgiveness for my sin. I repent of when I have fallen back and ask You to continue to use me day after day. ---Amen

No comments: