Thursday, January 01, 2009

January 1st - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Happy New Year!

Readings of the Day
Genesis 1:1-2:25-So God created humankind in his image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. God blessed them...
Matthew 1:1-2:12-Where is the child who has been born king of the Jews? For we observed his star at its rising, and have come to pay him homage.
Psalm 1:1-6-They are like trees planted by streams of water, which yield their fruit in its season, and their leaves do not wither. In all that they do, they prosper.
Proverbs 1:1-6-For learning about wisdom and instruction, for understanding words of insight, for gaining instruction in wise dealing, righteousness, justice, and equity; to teach shrewdness to the simple, knowledge and prudence to the young-- let the wise also hear and gain in learning, and the discerning acquire skill, to understand a proverb and a figure, the words of the wise and their riddles.
Psalm 8-You have given them dominion over the words of your hands...

God's Word of the Day
Look at all that I have given you. Look at all that I have created. Now go in joy and love and have dominion.

Story of the Day
I couldn't believe what was happening. Everything was a mess! And then out of nowhere it all began to straighten itself out. It all began to come together into the most amazing thing I could imagine! Right before my eyes I saw what was a mess turn into the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I was privileged to witness to all of this. And I sure will tell all, what I got to see!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, somehow You have a wonderful knack and making good out of messes. Make good out of me this day. Take the mess that I have created and bring order to it. Take the mess of my life and use it to show off with. Take my mess and make what You will out of it. For I see all that You have done. I see and hear Your Word and know of my Savior who makes good out of my mess. I give You thanks now and forever for Your creative, redeeming, loving, saving power over the mess. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

A special comment from Kaiya in this New Year
zzs zrff76tyt va

No comments: