Tuesday, April 12, 2005

April 12th Reflection

Tuesday 4/12/2005

Acts 3 - Peter and John see a man who can’t walk - that begs by the place of prayer every day at 3pm and don’t have money to give to him but do heal this man in the name of Jesus- this man had faith in Jesus- the crowd that observed this gathered and Peter and John had an instant opportunity to witness to Jesus saving grace. Turn to God! - your sins will be forgiven and he will send you strength- God will send you Jesus to bless you and make you turn from your sins.

Deuteronomy 17-18 - It’s interesting how God cares for his children- the wisdom to see how they will act in their future- what troubles they may have- like judging difficult cases - of theft or murder- what to do in those cases- they will ask for a king- have the king appointed by God- how the king will be tempted by foreign wives to worship other gods- false prophets- how his children will turn from him and seek weird stuff like looking into the future or looking at livers of dead animals to tell what the future holds-- but all this comes to the point that I must trust in God- God will take care of my future for me- I can’t pretend to be so high and mighty that I think I can control my future- turn to God and trust God with my care and future- this will allow me to gladly serve, love, trust and obey him.

Job 12 - It’s easy to condemn those who are suffering when you have no troubles-- Job lays it out to his so called friends- I wonder about how loyal of friends they are- Every living creature is in the hands of God- God is the source of wisdom and strength-so it sounds like Job is still wondering why me?- what did I do?

Let Jesus open the Word to my mind and his broken bread into my life - then “beat feet” to run and tell the world about his saving grace.

I believe that Jesus Christ- true God, Son of the Father from eternity, and true man, born of the Virgin Mary-is my Lord.---At great cost he has saved me that I may be his own, live under him in his kingdom, and serve him in everlasting righteousness, innocence, and blessedness.

1 John 4.7-21 - God is love- God’s love was revealed to us through and in Jesus- God’s love in Jesus so that we might live through Jesus- since God loves us so much we ought to love one another- We love because he first loved us

Hebrews 12.1-11 - run the race set before me- looking to Jesus- don’t grow weary or lose heart - keep focus on Jesus as I run- in struggle with sin- keep focus on Jesus as I run- endure trials- keep focus on Jesus as I run-in discipline- keep focus on Jesus as I run- Jesus has already won the race for me- keep focus on Jesus as I run-the victory has already been won- run with joy and thanksgiving and passion and laughter as I keep focus on Jesus as I run

Psalm 117 - the faithfulness of God is forever

Prayer-Jesus- through faith in you the lame man at the gate was able to get up and run - to run and keep his focus on you - through faith in you the Israelites were able to cross the Jordan and to live the lives you gave to them as they focus on a great King to come in you- yea I may stumble and fall - but I turn to you - focus on you and ask you to forgive my sins- to restore me - to pick me up- and you let me leap for joy - and run and tell - you let me beet feet back to the world you put me in - the world you lead me to - to tell of your wonderful story of grace and love and forgiveness- even in trouble and suffering- you let me focus on you and see your creation and the love you have in store- here and now - lead me this day- work your will through me- give me the words to say and the actions to take. -- Amen

No comments: