Thursday, April 21, 2005

April 21st Reflection

Thursday 4/21/2005

Acts 8.26-40- A angel gave Philip direction to head south- as he was Philip saw an official to the Queen of Ethiopia on his way home reading the book of Isaiah - The Spirit told Philip to catch the chariot- so Philip ran up close- Philip had to “run and tell”- he explained the passage in Isaiah- how it referred to Jesus- Philip took this man from where his understanding was and showed him the gospel of Jesus and the man was baptized. Run and tell- baptize- care and love for each other just as Jesus cares for me.

Joshua 1-2 - So Joshua is now in the lead- he is told to always think about the Law of God - day and night - God will help him wherever God leads him- Then the tribes of Rueben, Gad and East Manasseh agreed as promised to go into the Promised Land and help all the other tribes battle for their land-- these above tribes are the ones that will settle east of the Jordan as Moses and God agreed- so spied are sent into Jericho- they stay at the house of Rahab a prostitute-- I have to wonder what was on their minds?- why a prostitute- was it for obvious reasons or Spirit led?- anyway Rahab’s house is searched- she lies for the spies- and in gratitude the spies agree not to harm Rahab or her relatives when they return to defeat Jericho- Rahab becomes part of the chosen people after this and a link to God giving the Promised Land to the Israelites- God chooses and uses all sorts of people.

Job 21 - Some things don’t seem to make sense- the wicked live a good life- enjoy- reap the benefits of life and are happy and merry even though they don’t believe in God- but here is Job- a man who followed God- his family is gone and he is an awful sight- and in pain. Doesn’t make any sense or seem to have any justice to Job.

Don’t fake it - be real as Jesus is real and demonstrates leadership through redemption. Point to Jesus and remember the nourishing gift of grace. Accept it and minister for life.

Give me everything by grace as I forgive my neighbor

Psalm 31.1-5, 15-16 - I look to God alone to save me

Ephesians 1.3-14 - God chose me before the foundation of the world- In Jesus I am saved- I live for the praise of God’s glory-I have been marked with the seal of the Holy Spirit

Psalm 41 - God is good, gracious and blesses

Prayer- Lord you lead me to run and tell- to run and tell your people at whatever place they may be - at whatever understanding they have of you I am to run and tell- you lead me to cross the Jordan - to have faith in people I would never expect to have faith in - for you work through just plain people in very powerful ways- you work through us to save us in faith and hope and joy for what you already set before us- jesus saving grace - the gift right there - dead center in front of my face- take it - use it- and joyously praise you and serve you in your kingdom - I’m ready - lead and guide me this day. -- Amen

No comments: