Wednesday, April 27, 2005

April 27th Reflection

Wednesday 4/27/2005

Acts 11.19-30 - The Christians in Jerusalem were now afraid because of what had happened to Stephen- so many scattered to worship in other areas- things were difficult - but the Gospel was spreading all over and to the Gentiles.-- even in persecution - the Gospel and Christianity spreads

Joshua 13-14 - They divide up the land- God shows them how to do it- always get direction and guidance from God- every detail is guided by God- Caleb one of two people allowed to enter the Promised Land from the first group of Israelites- asks for the land promised to him- Caleb is old now- but he is willing to battle the giants for the land God promised

Job 27 - Job blames God for not doing what is right- Job continues to argue his innocence

While I’m living in the meantime -between the acts- may I see God’s current might acts- believe and do the work I’m called to do and set the stage for Jesus - here and now

Trust in God’s Word- receive the life-giving water of Baptism - re-live that moment every day. Every day receive by grace a new birth through the Holy Spirit.

2 Timothy 4.6-11, 18 - fight the fight-run the race- keep the faith- Jesus saves me

Mark 5.24-34 - Hey! -- There is the woman who touched the cloak of Jesus- meaningful especially today! - she had so much faith that she believed if she but touched Jesus cloak she would be made well- Jesus was in a crowd- yet he knew he had been touched - felt the power go from him-Jesus healed this woman because of her deep faith- have faith-God heals!

Psalm 62 - he alone in my rock and my salvation- LifeKeys last night- we stacked our rocks against the Christ candle- the main rock of salvation- as a monument - as a memory of something great in our lives- God calls all of us and gives us the gifts we need to hear the call and serve, love and obey him.

Prayer- Lord - your healing is awesome and life long- you spread your healing and saving grace to a people who don’t deserve it - I give you thanks for your healing - for your forgiveness- I turn to you and repent of my sins - forgive me- reach out to all your people- show them your love- show them your love through me- let me emulate you - let your light shine through me this day - let your healing presence flow through me this day - let me be your hands and feet this day - I will serve you in your kingdom - I will praise you in your kingdom - I will feel the life-giving water flow over and through me and do your work- I am your servant- use me this day. --- Amen

No comments: