Monday, April 18, 2005

April 18th Reflection

Monday 4/18/2005

Acts 7.1-22 - Stephen testifies about faith - he tells God’s story - the story of the OT- I love how he does it too-- just tells it like a story - doesn’t get all preachy or sites scripture- just makes it all into a story of God and his people. He gets up to Moses so far.

Deuteronomy 29-30 - All this about law-blessings- curses- comes down to a choic “you can choose life and success or death and disaster.” -- All that God wishes for us we know in our heart. All we have to do is choose and obey. The people are about to cross the Jordan River and take the promised land- Obey God and live -- He has set it all right there in front of me -- made it a gift- a real simple choice- take the gift of Jesus loving grace and forgiveness- let his love burn within my heart.-- I choose life!- I will be faithful to God and love him and serve him. God is the only one who can give life.

Job 18 - I think Job’s friends are rotten- what an ass Bildad is!

Don’t fake it - be real as Jesus is real and demonstrates leadership through redemption. Point to Jesus and remember the nourishing gift of grace. Accept it and minister for life.

Send your Spirit so that by your grace I may believe your Word and live it now and forever.

Colossians 1.1-14 - have faith for there is hope laid up for me in heaven- be a minister of Chirst- be filled with the knowledge of God’s will- lead a life worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing him- bear fruit- be strong until Jesus comes with his glorious power- I have been transferred into the kingdom of light and Jesus kingdom- where I have forgiveness of sins.

Acts 20.17-35 - Be strong and keep up the ministry of Christ

Psalm 146 - praise God!

Prayer - Lord- you give some awesome stories to tell- give me the memory, the voice and the opportunities to tell your story- to tell the story of a love so deep that you gave us a choice- you allow us to choose life or death - you do all the hard stuff- you give life as a gift- you give a gift of life- by suffering and dying for my sins- you give life- and give my a graceful choice to make-- I choose life in you - I will serve, love and obey you forever. -- Amen

No comments: