Sunday, April 03, 2005

April 3rd Reflection

Sunday 4/3/2005

Matthew 26.1-25 -Jesus tells the disciples once again what is going to happen to him in Jerusalem- then he is eating with Simon the leper and a woman anoints Jesus with perfume for burial - A couple things come to mind here for me- Jesus ministers to those that would normally be unclean and no one would reach - then he honors the woman for doing a good thing which to many would seem wasteful- But she is giving her best - I think maybe God wants my best too-and Jesus tells us that wherever the good news is told all over the world people will remember what this woman has done- she anointed the Messiah - anointed his body in death and Jesus gave the world life through death- The Passover meal begins and Judas set out to betray Jesus - so here it starts.

Numbers 35-36 - God sets up cities for the Levites and cities for people who may have accidentally killed someone else to run to - these “Safe” cities were there to protect the innocent until a fair trial could be given. Then finally again the issue of the Zelophehad daughters - they could marry within their clan so that land given to them would not go outside of their father’s inheritance. God brings to conclusion the second Israelite nation - everything is now prepared for entry into the Promised Land - Trust in God’s good provision and blessings.

Job 3 - Job now is feeling pretty bad about himself- but he doesn’t blame God - he wonders about why he was even born and why he has to feel this pain - he is a very strong man!

Jesus collapsed the box and prison of death and sin for me and the world. I will run and tell the world of this awesome freeing love.

Love and respect each other

John 20.19-31 - The doors were shut but Jesus came in anyway - are the doors of my heart shut? - even when they are - Jesus comes in anyway - he is there -- but then think of last Sunday - the tomb was closed and when the angel rolled the stone away - the tomb was empty -- he was NOT there -- Jesus is not ruled by the tomb of death- but he does give me a heart of life -- he is not longer in the tomb of death - now he lives and gives me and everyone else a heart of life - Thanks be to God!

John 4.5-26 - That water of life - flowing freely from Jesus - that water that will go on forever- that water from my Savior - I want that water!

Psalm 9.11-20 - God never forgets the needy or the poor.

Prayer - Jesus- thank you for the suffering you endured for me- thank you for the pain you gave for me - you didn’t have a city of refuge to run to - but you came to Jerusalem and endured my pain - my conviction- my crime -- then after death you surprised all of us- you were not in the tomb - you surprised all of us - you came to us through locked doors - you surprised all of us and gave us life out of death - now I can live in joy and thanksgiving for all you have done for me -forgive me this day I pray - for the times I have failed you - but thank you for the joy you have given me to surprise those you give to me - to run and tell in joy and thanksgiving how wonderful you are - how beautiful you are - how gracious you are - how powerful you are - how tender and caring and innocent your are - run with joy and thanksgiving for all you have done -- Thank you Jesus! -- Amen

No comments: