Wednesday, April 20, 2005

April 20th Reflection

Wednesday 4/20/2005

Acts 8.1b-25 - Philip goes to Samaria- the Gospel of Jesus is spreading- Simon the magician is converted to Christianity- this is no small thing since Simon had a following- but Simon began to think that you could buy the healing power of the Spirit- he had to ask for forgiveness when he was reprimanded for such a thought- was his repentance real? - or was it like Pharaoh’s?- God has this answer- I think it was sincere

Deuteronomy 33-34 - Moses blesses the tribes of Israel from the mountain as he gazes at the Promised Land- Moses was a faithful servant - followed his call- he saw God even in the hiding places- saw God’s Spirit in the chariots of the sky come to save his people- Moses was still strong of body and good sight- still blessed by God until the end- but he would not actually get to move into the Promised Land- he had served his call- Moses was going to the Promised Land that God really intended for him and for all of us -- not necessarily some physical place - but a place face to face with God- in communion with God - a wonderful place.

Job 20 - Seems like Job’s friends are leaving God off to the side of the conversation- yea God is in it - but they leave him off to the side - like each one of them has the answer to why Job is in the position he is in- but really -only God has the true answer- trust and rely on God- he IS the answer.

Don’t fake it - be real as Jesus is real and demonstrates leadership through redemption. Point to Jesus and remember the nourishing gift of grace. Accept it and minister for life.

God provides for everyone- may I realize his provisions given to me and give thanks and praise to God

Colossians 1.24-2.7 - I am a servant to make the Word of God known- with whatever God gives me I will make the mystery known of Jesus saving grace in the way God chooses for me to reveal it - as Christians we need to unite our hearts in love - the love of Christ - live life in Christ

John 8.31-36 - Continue in Jesus word- let Jesus make me free

Psalm 36 - “you save humans and animals alike, O LORD.” -- interesting thought - God forgives my sin and saves me

Prayer- Lord Jesus - you grant the mystery of your saving grace to all people- you even save animals- that’s and interesting thought -- forgive my sins and send me into the world to proclaim yours story- fill me with the Spirit to speak your word of healing to those you place before me this day- your healing- let me never place you to the side this day - but let me always be aware that you are the center of my life- you are the healing in my life- you are the life in me- real and present now- for in your life and healing I am free and saved. Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: