Friday, April 22, 2005

April 22nd Reflection

Friday 4/22/2005

Acts 9.1-25 - Saul’s calling by Jesus to change completely - turn around and do the opposite-turn back to God- it’s interesting how many people are involve-- it’s not just Jesus and Saul -- there are those with Saul on the road - there is Ananias-- God uses Saul’s calling to involve a whole bunch of people- and Jesus shows his life through all these people

Joshua 3.1-5.1 - They cross the Jordan - behind the chest- following God- “You’ve never been there before, and you won’t know the way, unless you follow the chest. But don’t get too close!” -- follow God- but don’t try to lead - always follow- have enough faith to boldly go into the river- a place the doesn’t make sense to walk into- God will take care of the issues for you - just have faith and follow- after they crossed- a member from each tribe carried a rock to that spot and set it up as a remembrance of what God had done-- Jesus is my rock - I will set a rock up in remembrance of the life he gave me- Worship only God - he is the only one who can save-only God can straighten out some of the messes I get into- only God can create the dry land I need to “get over it”-- or maybe “get through it” -in this case- only God saves- the barriers or obstacles that seem insurmountable in my eyes are nothing to God- look to God if the path looks crazy that he points me towards- have faith and “get through it”-- I think I’m changing.- yea “get through it” with the help and guidance of God - have faith and trust in God and let him allow me to “get through it”-- it might just be a whole bunch of fun! - “get through it”- and have a blast - there is a celebration in the end with a great rock of salvation!

Job 22 - Eliphaz again assumes Job is guilty- good advice to turn back to God- but his assumption about Job is way too judgmental - that is up to God not Eliphaz

Don’t fake it - be real as Jesus is real and demonstrates leadership through redemption. Point to Jesus and remember the nourishing gift of grace. Accept it and minister for life.

I as God to protect me from the devil, the world and my sinful self that I may not be led into sin

Acts 7.55-60 - Keep my eyes and life focused on the cross and Jesus - Jesus is life and salvation

Habakkuk 3.17-19 -God the Lord, is my strength- only life and salvation in Jesus

Psalm 92 - “the LORD is upright; he is my rock”

Prayer- Jesus you are my rock- my celebration - my joy - my salvation - my life- I will have faith, hope and trust in you as I “get through it” - as I cross my rivers this day - I know you will dry the path and lead me - I know you have taken care of it already- I know you are real - you are not a phony and that your path is THE path and will be my path this day- let the scales fall from my eyes so that I can see and hear your voice and understand the direction you wish for me to take today- let all who are involved with my calling this day head and see your power and glory and witness your saving grace- for you are life and salvation -bring healing and comfort to those close to me- and let all your children feel your healing from the inside out this day. -- Amen

No comments: