Friday, April 29, 2005

April 29th Reflection

Friday 4/29/2005

Acts 13.1-25 - Saul and Barnabas are chosen to take the message to the Gentiles- they travel- Saul begins a sermon with the history of how God takes care of his Chosen People - in the OT and begins to bring it forward to the present time- I like to hear about how God took care of the people- even though the people may have thought it was rough in the desert- God took care of them

Joshua 18-19 - Ohio was the thirteenth tribe to receive land, and the region went from Cincinnati in the south straight north to Toledo in the north - along the southern border of Lake Erie to Cleveland in the northeast - south to the Ohio River - following the river back south and west to Cincinnati - the Briar Hoppers lived to the south- the evil ones of Michigan lived to the north - the Hoosiers lived to the west - and some other strange tribes were to the east.

Job 29 - Job longs for the times past when he felt close to God- helped others- ministers to others and loves them - a time when he was useful to God-- I feel sorry for Job and want him to get better

While I’m living in the meantime -between the acts- may I see God’s current might acts- believe and do the work I’m called to do and set the stage for Jesus - here and now

The body and blood- the bread and wine- given to me

Acts 17.22-31-God is not far from each one of us- repent and feel God’s presence in you and with you- feel his presence - not in some far away temple- but in your heart

Matthew 17.1-5 - Jesus was transfigured before the disciples- and his face shone like the sun- Lord it is good for us to be here-- God said -- this is my Son - listen to him!

Psalm 63 - My soul thirst for you God - I see your power and glory - your steadfast love is better than life- I praise you with joyful lips

Prayer- Lord send me today - send me to the Gentiles- as I travel today- give me the words you would have me say - help me to tell the story - help me to be bold- let me minister in love-praise and thanksgiving to your gracious power and love- let me set the stage today for you- let the warmth of your love and the brightness of your light shine through me this day - so that others will know it’s all about you- it’s not about me - your steadfast love is better than life and I will praise, honor and obey you forever. --- Amen

No comments: