Tuesday, April 26, 2005

April 26th Reflection

Tuesday 4/26/2005

Acts 11.1-18 - Peter is back in Jerusalem and the Jewish Christians are angry that he went to Gentiles. But when Peter explains the vision he had of the unclean animals in the sheet and God telling him to eat-- and then how men were sent for him- and how the Holy Spirit came to the Gentiles just as the Spirit came on Pentecost- everyone was happy with this news that Jesus saves the Gentiles too. -- Jesus saving grace is for everyone.

Joshua 11-12 - Another large group of kings heard about Joshua and the Israelite- they formed an alliance and gathered together to fight Israel- God told Joshua not to worry - that he would defeat the enemy- Joshua was to cripple their horses and burn their chariots first- so that’s what Joshua did first with a surprise attack - so God won victory in all the battles Israel and Joshua fought over all the kings

Job 26 - God is awesome and powerful - more than I can ever understand

While I’m living in the meantime -between the acts- may I see God’s current might acts- believe and do the work I’m called to do and set the stage for Jesus - here and now

In Baptism God forgives sin, delivers from death and the devil, and gives everlasting salvation to all who believe what he has promised.

Isaiah 52.7-10 - How beautiful are the feet of the messenger- who brings good news and announces salvation- who praises God- and sings for joy- God’s salvation stretches to all the ends of the earth

Matthew 23.34-39 - Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord

Psalm 67 - Make God’s way known on the earth- make known his saving power

Prayer- I rejoice that you came to all peoples of the earth - to save all of us- I rejoice especially that you came to me to save me- you are God- you are all loving and all powerful - you rule over heaven and earth and everything that is in them - be with me this day as I go into your kingdom - as I sing your praises- as I tell of your saving power- as I make known your way on earth. -- Amen

No comments: