Thursday, April 28, 2005

April 28th Reflection

Thursday 4/28/2005

Acts 12 - Herod starts in again now- he has James the brother of John’s head cut off- this pleased the Jewish leaders - since Herod saw how he pleased the Jewish leaders - he had Peter arrested- all the disciples and followers gathered together in prayer- Herod was going to have Peter put to death- while Peter was chained and in jail and angel came and released him- at first Peter thought it was all a dream- but it wasn’t- he went to the house where the other disciples were staying - Rhoda answered the door but got so excited about seeing Peter that she forgot to let him in- she ran and told the others but they all said she was crazy!- kinda funny-so Peter keeps knocking- and they finally let him in- then Peter left to hide- So the next day Herod finds out and has the guards put to death- later some people proclaimed Herod to be like a god - and an angel of the Lord struck Herod down because he took the honor that belonged to God- Herod was eaten by worms and died--all the while- God’s message kept spreading

Joshua 15-17 - Look at a map would be easier than reading all these descriptions- but the familiarity with the land does give it more value- this is the land that God had promised- God keeps his side of the deal - in detail! - Hey! - there is mention of the beautiful (maybe she really was??) - Hoglah- one of the daughters of Zelophehad who didn’t have any sons- this posed a problem for inheritance of land -it was all settled though and the daughters got the land

Job 28 - Job sort of gets philosophical here- talks about the wisdom of God- searching for God’s wisdom is harder than finding jewels or precious metals.

While I’m living in the meantime -between the acts- may I see God’s current might acts- believe and do the work I’m called to do and set the stage for Jesus - here and now

Drown my sinful self daily through repentance and let God raise a new self in me to please and honor him.

Psalm 66.8-20 - God will bring me through the big row of trees to the “spacious place” - tell what God has done to all - praise and sing to god- God truly listens and loves me

1 Timothy 1.12-17 - Christ dame into the world to save sinners-of whom I am the foremost.----making me an example to those who would come to believe in him for eternal life--it’s all God’s glory

Psalm 27 - God is my salvation- don’t be afraid- I want to live in God’s house all my life and look at his beauty - God takes care of me- I will sing praises to God- wait for the LORD!

Prayer- Lord you release me from prison- you release me from death - through the amazing grace - the death - the love - the suffering and the resurrection of Jesus you have brought me form the death I deserve to life in you - thanks be to God! - I come to you today- I repent of my sins - please forgive me for my neglect - my lack of faith and restore me - lead me into your kingdom - with and through your power - lead me to your spacious place - that we can play and minister to your world- for you are God and I will always sing your praises. ---Amen

No comments: