Friday, April 15, 2005

April 15th Reflection

Friday 4/15/2005

Acts 5.1-16 - A couple tried to lie to the church - they sold some property and gave to the church but made it look like they gave all to the church but actually held back some for themselves-- Ohh -- how many times do I do this with myself- don’t give it all to the church- especially in my work or dedication -- I need to remember that when I work for God- give it all up - do the best I can - he will accept nothing but my best and I should be way more than willing to offer my best and then let it go- don’t try to hold back- don’t try to be a little conservative and hold back a little for me- just in case- what kind of trust is that? -- if I don’t hold back - then I won’t have to worry either when it’s just not quite good enough- God accepts all I have to offer and works through normal people- doesn’t expect perfection cause he already gave us that- just wants my imperfect all- I think He delights in that.

Deuteronomy 23-24 - Ahhhh! -- what a way to start! - If a man’s private parts have been crushed or cut off, he cannot fully belong to the LORD’s people????--Who was thinking of that anyway! -- Why would you think of that?!---take a shovel with you and poop outside the camp-bury it-- boy what great advice-- I’d hate to step in that inside the camp somewhere!- (I wish the dogs would take that advice!) - (Hmm!-If I were a fish -what would I do then?)

Job 15 - So Eliphaz says to Job- don’t think you’re so smart- listen to what I know about wisdom- it seems funny the Eliphaz scolds Job then goes on to act like he is so smart too!

Let Jesus open the Word to my mind and his broken bread into my life - then “beat feet” to run and tell the world about his saving grace.

God gives me daily bread- forgives my sin -and I forgive others

Acts 2.42-47 - they shared everything - broke bread together and took care of each other while praising God

Lamentations 3.21-26 - God is good to those who wait for him- to the soul that seeks him- It is good that I should wait quietly for the salvation of God

Psalm 85 - God is good and gives salvation

Prayer- today Jesus - I come to you with my all - use all I have this day - use me - forgive me- lead me- direct me- even in those ways I don’t understand- I place my hope and trust in you - for you have all wisdom - you have all power and healing comes through you - you give gifts and bring them inside of me to heal me - to comfort me- to provide for me- then I respond with you love - from the inside out- I hear - I am beginning to understand - and I will wait quietly and patiently for you. -- Amen

No comments: