Friday, April 29, 2005

Re: April 29th Reflection

Joshua 18-19 ....And the mountainous land to the east was filled with the giant Appalachians who lived in the Hocking Hills area. All of this land promised by God was flowing with beer and buckeyes.
----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Lynch
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 5:19 AM
Subject: April 29th Reflection

Friday 4/29/2005

Acts 13.1-25 - Saul and Barnabas are chosen to take the message to the Gentiles- they travel- Saul begins a sermon with the history of how God takes care of his Chosen People - in the OT and begins to bring it forward to the present time- I like to hear about how God took care of the people- even though the people may have thought it was rough in the desert- God took care of them

Joshua 18-19 - Ohio was the thirteenth tribe to receive land, and the region went from Cincinnati in the south straight north to Toledo in the north - along the southern border of Lake Erie to Cleveland in the northeast - south to the Ohio River - following the river back south and west to Cincinnati - the Briar Hoppers lived to the south- the evil ones of Michigan lived to the north - the Hoosiers lived to the west - and some other strange tribes were to the east.

Job 29 - Job longs for the times past when he felt close to God- helped others- ministers to others and loves them - a time when he was useful to God-- I feel sorry for Job and want him to get better

While I’m living in the meantime -between the acts- may I see God’s current might acts- believe and do the work I’m called to do and set the stage for Jesus - here and now

The body and blood- the bread and wine- given to me

Acts 17.22-31-God is not far from each one of us- repent and feel God’s presence in you and with you- feel his presence - not in some far away temple- but in your heart

Matthew 17.1-5 - Jesus was transfigured before the disciples- and his face shone like the sun- Lord it is good for us to be here-- God said -- this is my Son - listen to him!

Psalm 63 - My soul thirst for you God - I see your power and glory - your steadfast love is better than life- I praise you with joyful lips

Prayer- Lord send me today - send me to the Gentiles- as I travel today- give me the words you would have me say - help me to tell the story - help me to be bold- let me minister in love-praise and thanksgiving to your gracious power and love- let me set the stage today for you- let the warmth of your love and the brightness of your light shine through me this day - so that others will know it’s all about you- it’s not about me - your steadfast love is better than life and I will praise, honor and obey you forever. --- Amen

No comments: