Tuesday, April 19, 2005

April 19th Reflection

Tuesday 4/19/2005

Acts 7.23-8.1a - Stephen tells of Moses’ calling- of the Israelites unfaithfulness to God- then of the tabernacle and temple- he reaffirms how stubborn the chosen people are to the Spirit of God- how they always turned away from God and killed the prophets God sent and how even today we kill the one God sent to save us-- well this did it with the Jewish leaders- they got so mad that they drug Stephan outside and stoned him -- all at the foot of Saul - later to become Paul- Stephan died innocent and dedicated to God.

Deuteronomy 31-32 - So God tells Moses this is it-- get Joshua in front of the people- Joshua will lead the Israelites into the Promised Land- Moses tells the people how important it is to follow the law and not turn from God- so important they are to read all the law every seven years- the year of Jubilee-- the law is to stay by the sacred chest- then God leads Moses to Mount Nebo -- lets Moses see the Promised Land- Moses leaves a song to the people - a song of how things will be if they are unfaithful to God- a testimony to the people- Moses loves these people so much he wants them to be successful and follow God- but he knows they will stumble and turn--but God has and will always remain faithful to his people- trying over and over again to get them to turn to him and keep him as their one and only god- but the Promised Land is seen -- oh how Moses must have longed for this land- but God brought him safely through the desert - and into God’s Promised Land.

Job 19 - Job is mad at his friends- he blames God for all that has happened to him- but in the end he still has faith that God will rescue him and he will see god- I know that my Savior lives -- what a testimony!--but the word for Savior is hard to interpret - it could mean avenger- the one who avenges the blood of a murdered relative- would this mean that Job feels God is killing him?- and a relative would take revenge on God?- could it mean that death is the enemy and God will send an avenger for this murder?-- I want to think that Jesus is that avenger for the murder I truly deserved- and he took on that death I deserved - turns it all around and becomes both the one who took my punishment and the avenger of my own murder that I justly deserved -- it’s up to you to decide

Don’t fake it - be real as Jesus is real and demonstrates leadership through redemption. Point to Jesus and remember the nourishing gift of grace. Accept it and minister for life.

You will is done when you strengthen my faith and keep me firm in your Word as long a I live.

Colossians 1.15-23 - In Jesus all things in heaven and on earth were created- Jesus is life! - Through his death - Jesus gave me life- I must have faith in Jesus

Ephesians 2.1-10 - I was dead in my sin- but God loved me so much he made me alive in Christ- by grace I have been saved- not something I did - but it’s all about what God did in Jesus- God created me for good in Christ Jesus way long ago!

Psalm 13 - Rejoice in Jesus salvation- sing to God - he is great!

Prayer- Lord you are God- you bring healing and life- you brought true life to Stephan - he could see your standing at the throne- standing - not sitting - you wich for action in your name- you which for me to take a stand in your name- to have faith - to trust- to love and to praise and honor you- this I will gladly do- you give me chance after chance through your loving care- forgive me and lead me this day in your kingdom - I know you live for you have brought me from death to life- you have brought me out of the desert into your light - all through the free gift of grace -- thank you -- send me now I pray on the way you would have me travel this day --- Amen

No comments: