Sunday, August 10, 2008

August 10th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Lift praises to God

Readings of the Day
2 Corinthians 11-Paul is a fool for Christ and proud of it.
2 Kings 25-The temple in Jerusalem was destroyed.
Habakkuk 2-Write the vision and make it plain.
Matthew 14.22-33-Get out of the boat and walk on water with Jesus in faith.

God's Word of the Day
I give you faith and hope. Get out of your boat and come with Me.

Story of the Day
The objective was to climb a skinny pole about forty feet high, then stand up on a two foot by two foot platform and leap about five feet to a bar suspended over a gorge from a tree. It took all the focus I could muster to climb the pegs on the pole. Then to focus on the platform and stand up. Then to focus on the bar. Then to gather up enough courage to take the jump for that bar. Nerves were rattled. But I made it! I caught the bar and the spotter lowered me down to praises of fellow team members who offered encouraging words throughout the entire ordeal. It took some faith in myself. It took some faith in my friends. It took trust in the spotter.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I hear Your call to get out of the boat. To take a chance. To follow You in the faith You have given to me. I hear Your call to be foolish for You. I hear Your call to see Your vision and plan in my life and follow it. Lead me out this day with a clear vision and with a clean heart that I may serve You boldly and faithfully. For You are my God and Savior and I give You alone all the honor and glory and praise, now and forever. ---Amen

No comments: