Thursday, August 07, 2008

August 7th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Suffering builds endurance.

Readings of the Day
2 Corinthians 8-The one who had much did not have too much, and the one who had little did not have too little.
2 Kings 20-21-I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears ; indeed, I will heal you; on the third day you shall go up to the house of the LORD.
Nahum 2-God will destroy the wicked.
Acts 17.10-15-Welcome the Message eagerly.

God's Word of the Day
Your suffering will end in joy. Welcome My Son into your life.

Story of the Day
The small dog came out of nowhere. As I was driving he darted in front of my path. I did what I could to avoid contact, but hit the dog anyway. I stopped and went back and found a blanket in my trunk. Picking the dog up, I took it to a vet nearby. As the vet examined the small dog, he said that the dog would be fine. The vet placed a wing like splint on the dog's leg and gave him back to me. With no collar on the dog or any identification, I took the dog home. Took care of him and nursed him along to health. That dog was one of the best dogs I have ever had.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, take me in. In my tears of pain I cry out to You for help. Take me in and mend me up and heal me to bring You joy. For I know of Your care. I know how You bless beyond belief and I trust in Your loving kindness and care. Permit me to bring joy to Your heart and to return love to You. You alone are my Savior and ever present help. ---Amen

No comments: