Monday, August 04, 2008

August 4th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
The old watch the young and the young renew the old.

Readings of the Day
2 Corinthians 4.1-5.10-Even though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day.
2 Kings 17-You shall not worship other gods; you shall not forget the covenant that I have made with you. You shall not worship other gods but you shall worship the LORD your God; he will deliver you out of the hand of all your enemies.
Micah 6-He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
Deuteronomy 8.1-10-Know then in your heart that as a parent disciplines a child so the LORD your God disciplines you.

God's Word of the Day
Even though your journey seems long and hard; your inner nature is being renewed.

Story of the Day
It seemed as if this trip was going to last forever. With Granny in the front seat with Dad, I and my Mom were in the back seat. All the windows in the car were down and the air felt good, but this was a long trip. When were we going to be there? "Are we there yet?" I would ask Dad over and over. "Just a while longer." So on we drove. Mom entertained me with games of counting cows and such. If we passed a cemetery we had to bury all of our cows. But this trip seemed to take a long time. I was young, cranky and tired of travel. Then we arrived at the cabin. We were going to stay three days. As soon as we arrived all my energy came to life. Out of the car I jumped and off I was to run and play in the woods. I ran straight to the creek and jubilantly jumped in and splashed around and looked for new adventures ahead.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, sometimes the journey wears me down. Sometimes I don't think I'm going to make it. Everything wears out sooner or later. But You have so much more in store. You have a renewal beyond belief. Permit me to recall the baptismal splashing of Your love. Permit me to revel in the Love You show. Permit me to be renewed in spirit by Your Spirit. You are my Father. You are my God and I will follow as Your child, today, tomorrow and forever, always renewed in strength by Your bountiful blessings. ---Amen

No comments: