Tuesday, August 12, 2008

August 12th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Give it a push

Readings of the Day
2 Corinthians 13-Examine yourselves to see whether you are living in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you?
1 Chronicles 3-4-The descendants of David, Judah and Simeon. But in the middle of the descendants of Judah, Jabez is highlighted as one who prayed to God and God granted what he asked.
Zephaniah 1-Be silent before the Lord GOD! For the day of the LORD is at hand; the LORD has prepared a sacrifice, he has consecrated his guests.
Genesis 19.1-29-Lot is saved from death in Sodom and Gomorrah.

God's Word of the Day
Heed My call and warning to you. Stop and listen then act.

Story of the Day
I was deep in sleep that night. One of those good sleeps, no tossing and turning, just sleeping like a log. Then I was jolted awake by my son. Get up Dad, we have to get out of here. Confused and bewildered, I got up. My son told me there was a fire in the basement. He couldn't put it out. He said to get out and that he had called 911. Instead of getting out, I ran to the basement. The fire was huge and coming up the basement steps. I could even feel the heat of the fire on the floor of the kitchen as I ran towards the basement. Since I had run towards the basement, my son followed. Once I realized that this was beyond my control, my son and I began to make sure everyone was out of the house.

It was foolish of me to think I could do something on my own to fight this fire. It was a waste of time and possibly a waste of life. My son and I barely escaped that day because of my ignorance. Luckily the rest of the family, my wife and daughters heeded my son's call to leave and did. Shortly the fire trucks were on the scene and had put the fire out.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, sometimes I'm so stubborn that I don't just stop, shut-up and listen. Permit me to hear Your voice and to heed Your call and to take the action You wish me to take. Lead me and guide me this day. But first; may I stop and listen to You. First, let me realize Your presence. For You are my God and Savior, now and forever. ---Amen

No comments: