Wednesday, August 06, 2008

August 6th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Celebrate diversity

Readings of the Day
2 Corinthians 6.14-7.16-I will live in them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2 Kings 19-God saves Jerusalem from sure defeat by Assyria.
Nahum 1-The LORD is slow to anger but great in power, and the LORD will by no means clear the guilty.
Matthew 15.32-39-The disciples give away all of their lunch and thousands are fed.

God's Word of the Day
I love My creation. Give all you have in love to one another and see the beauty I have created.

Story of the Day
As we watched the caretakers bring the horses into the arena, it became apparent how much work was involved in the presentation of the horses before the judges at the fair. Each horse was clean and groomed and carefully presented. Each horse had been trained to show it's best. The trainers worked in love to show each horse. Then the judgment took place. The judge would walk around each horse looking for particulars I couldn't even imagine. Awards were presented and all left the arena proud of having even been there. I could see a great love present for these animals. I witnessed a caring eye for detail by caretaker and judge. What beauty was presented in the animals and trainers and judges in love one for each other.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I know You will judge. Keep me the apple of Your eye. Look on me in favor and groom me for Your Kingdom. May I present to You what You want to see. Teach me and train me. Permit me to raise others whom You have given to me and care for them with the compassion and love You have shown me. ---Amen

No comments: