Friday, August 08, 2008

August 8th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
See the blessings

Readings of the Day
2 Corinthians 9-Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!
2 Kings 22.1-23.34-Josiah's reformation and the turning back to God from false gods.
Nahum 3-God will expose and defeat evil.
Acts 18.24-28-...and he spoke with burning enthusiasm and taught accurately the thing concerning Jesus...

God's Word of the Day
See the blessings that I have daily surrounded you with.

Story of the Day
Technology had advanced to the point that virtual reality was becoming a vision into the future. When I put on the helmet and the arm bracelets, not only did things look real that were virtual, I could begin to see things that were about to happen in the future. Then when I took off the helmet, it was like a replay of what I had just seen. It was like the future was a re-run of what I had seen in the virtual reality helmet. I couldn't change anything, but I knew what was about to happen. So as I toyed with this capability. I became adamant about vocalizing what was about to happen in the future. I voiced my opinions. I could see the blessings and the curses of seeing into the future. I knew of the future and spoke convincingly of what would take place. It all really got way out of hand and was more than I could even take.

That's when I began to realize the blessings of living in the here and now. The blessings of having a hope in the future. The blessings of life in the moment. I really didn't need to know the future. My future was cared for already and wasn't my concern. My future was lovingly taken care of for me. I could work on reforming my present in hopes of a future that was taken care of.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, lead me to work in the present with grand hopes for the future. In either case I ask Your presence, present and future. I give You all honor and glory for the blessing of Your presence in my past and look forward to the now and the future I have in store with You. ---Amen

No comments: