Monday, August 25, 2008

August 25th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Worship

Readings of the Day
John 6.25-59-This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.
1 Chronicles 24-The organization of the priesthood.
Zechariah 10-I will signal for them and gather them in, for I have redeemed them...
1 Samuel 7.3-13-Direct your heart to the LORD, and serve him only, and he will deliver you...

God's Word of the Day
Believe in Me and you will worship me with all your heart.

Story of the Day
As I flew along from flower to flower at work that day, I supposed that the job I was doing was a good one. I was dedicated to my work. I would extract the best I could from each flower and take back my work to the main tribe at the comb. It was busy work that was for sure. It was hot most of the days and when it was time to go back to the comb it was crowded. This work made me feel good about my life. It made me feel as if I had a purpose and how I helped the tribe carry on life at the comb. But someone told me that the work I do does more that just help the tribe at the comb. They told be that the work I do also spreads additional life among the flowers that we service. It was hard for me to see how the worship of the good, of the work, and the tribe at the comb, for all my efforts had meaning and purpose beyond what I ever imagined.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, as I come to You in worship, may I see Your mighty acts of power in the acts You send me out to do day after day in Your Kingdom. For You alone are God and you alone will I serve. Organize Your Church so that we may bring glory to Your Name. Organize my thoughts and actions so that I may reflect Your will and Your way this day. For now I direct my heart to You, believing in Your Son, Jesus Christ, my Savior. ---Amen

No comments: