Monday, August 11, 2008

August 11th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
There is healing in the blood.

Readings of the Day
2 Corinthians 12-My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness. So I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
1 Chronicles 1-2-A genealogy of God's people.
Habakkuk 3-I will exult in the God of my salvation. GOD, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, and makes me tread upon the heights.
Genesis 7.11-8.5-A great flood, but a remnant of life was saved on the ark with Noah and his family.

God's Word of the Day
I have paid the price to save you.

Story of the Day
I knew this wouldn't be easy. It was 2am when the call came in. I had to get up and go to work on a hot crane in the middle of the summer over top of hot steel. This job was going to be hot and tiring and dirty. I knew this wouldn't be easy. But as I scrambled out of bed and got ready, I dreaded every step of the way. I needed more sleep than this. Why did I have to be the one on call? Why did I have to get this call? But on I went anyway. And the job wasn't easy. There was a leak in the refrigerant lines that called for replacing the line. The hot job went on for the entire next day and I finally completed the job at 6pm that same day. It wasn't easy. It was my time to take on the hard job and I did. And was I glad that was over with. It felt good to go home to supper and back to bed. Someone else had the turn for call this night. So tonight, I rested securely. I knew this wouldn't be easy.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I know sometimes You call me to the "not so easy" jobs. Give me the faith and gumption to follow Your call, knowing and trusting in You all the way. Call me as one of Your children. For I know of a job that was done for me that wasn't so easy too. And in this job, and passion, I place all my hope. I give You all the glory for the job that Jesus did for His people. For You alone are my strength in the call. In Jesus name. ---Amen

No comments: