Sunday, August 17, 2008

August 17th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Work then rest

Readings of the Day
John 3.1-21-You must be born from above.
1 Chronicles 12-Troops who rallied to David.
Zechariah 2-Sing and rejoice, O daughter Zion! For lo, I will come and dwell in your midst, says the LORD.
Matthew 15.10-28-But she came and knelt before him, saying, "Lord, help me."

God's Word of the Day
Rally round Me for I am in your midst and I will help.

Story of the Day
We all had to draw in close in order to see him. He didn't come around all that much and everyone was talking about him all over the country. All the deeds he had been doing and the good things people were seeing amazed all of us. So we all had to crowd in. That's when this woman, who really needed to bathe, got really close to him to ask a question. We really couldn't hear a word that was spoken but she obviously got what she came for from him. When she left, she was smiling. But nothing had changed for her. She was still dirty and looked awful. I figured maybe he would clean her up or something. But she left with a smile on her face. We all had to draw in close in order to see him, but he still remained a mystery to me. Maybe someday, I'll leave the crowd with a smile on my face too.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I give You thanks for allowing me to come close to You. I give You thanks for Your touch. I give You thanks for pushing me when I need pushed. I give You thanks for allowing me to rally with You. For You are in our midst. Here and now, You are in our midst, touching, loving and compassionate. Build my faith, and honor me with the crumbs from the table and use me as Your humble servant, today and forever. ---Amen

No comments: